Tuesday, March 31, 2020

The Okie in Isolation: Blood


By Bobby Neal Winters


I went to give blood today at Countryside Christian Church.  The Red Cross will be there again on Thursday, as the blood drive at the University has been moved there. 
The experience was not unpleasant.  When I walked through the door they took my temperature: 98.0 in case you are interested.  All of the staff were wearing gloves and masks.  They sat us in chairs that were spaced apart in accordance with social distancing.  My appointment was at 9:45am so I got to the gurney about 11am and was eating raisins at 11:20.  
It was, in other words, about par for a blood drive. 
I took advantage of my freedom to get a prescription filled.  They have the drive through open at Lindberg Pharmacy.  
This afternoon I’ve been fighting the email war.  I think I will mow sometime tomorrow.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I gave platelets.
ollie